Monday, October 10, 2011

8/6/11 Seaside

Today we went to Seaside and played at the beach. Ethan rode a train. We played tag. We went on the swings. We rested on the blanket. Crazy Ethan and Jason went in the water. Ridiculous. But they seemed to have fun even though they came back as blue Popsicles.

I have told people about a candy bar that I loved growing up that we used to buy at Munson's. It was available for awhile and then it disappeared and I was so sad. I've told several people about the Lion bar when we are being nostalgic about candy from the days or yore and no one seems to remember it. It has caramel and rice and was dipped in chocolate and was delicious. I thought perhaps I was crazy and made it up or was remembering the name wrong. Today I was vindicated.

At the candy shop in Seaside there is a whole row dedicated to British candy and guess what I found there? A Lion bar! That was the treat I bought and I can say it was everything I remembered it being. Carmely and delicious. Now I know that it was not a figment of my imagination and that it is still around and available at the coast. Hooray!

I am thankful for my Lion candy bar.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment